So as some of you may or may not know about 2 weeks ago I posted this blog about making pickles from scratch. I did not know if it could be done, but i gave it a try and it turned out to be a complete success. After that I thought of only one thing…
How can I add bacon to this?
The solution was so simple… Just wrap them in bacon!
I made two different kinds of deep fried pickles. Ones with a breading mixture on them and the others just with bacon. Both were super delicious, however the bacon got much crispier on the non breaded pickles🙂. So those were definitely my favorite. There are few things are better then crispy bacon.
- Bread Crumbs
- Paprika, salt, pepper, garlic
- extra virgin olive oil
3. If you like crispy bacon I would leave it there and skip to the deep frying part, if you want the bacon flavor with a delicious breading on the outside then it is time to set up the breading station.
On the left we have bacon wrapped pickles. In the middle eggs, which will be the egg wash, and on the left grandma’s home made breadcrumbs with a pepper, paprika, garlic and a bit of salt in it. You do not need a lot of salt the pickles and bacon are salty enough as is.
4. Dip the bacon wrapped pickles in the breading first. There should be enough moisture on the bacon and pickles to get some breading to stick.
5. Transfer the pickles to the egg wash bowl and thoroughly coat them. Once coated move the pickles back to the breadcrumb bowl and coat them too until fully covered. This will give a nice crispy layer that wont fall apart during frying.
6. Grab a frying pan and add a cup or 2 of olive oil to it. Turn the over onto medium heat and wait until oil gets hot. Note: If you have a deep fryer you can use that too. I do not have one handy so I did a shallow fry in a pan.
8. Remove from pan and place on paper towels to soak up any of the excess oil.
Now I have a question for you fine folks!!
Is there anything you’d like to see on this blog? I have been doing this for a few months now. I am trying to improve my blogging as well as my photography. I’m not sure if there’s anything specific you guys would like to see, or are interested in or just have some constructive criticism on how to improve. If you have any suggestions or questions for me, feel free to comment or send me an email. Thanks
And I hope you all have a great weekend.